Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tagliatelle with Lemon

This week I froze 6 burritos individually, and took one to work each day. I love the idea of a zip- loc bag full of burritos in my freezer, and the easy lunch solution, but next time I would take more care with my recipe because they did turn out kind of gross.

I did a variation of the Tagliatelle with Lemon recipe from French Women Don't get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. This recipe reminded me why my favorite foods involve dairy and pasta: but that's probably not a good thing to remember. Here's the recipe: Cook tagliatelle (ribbon pasta, I used spinach) in boiling water. Grate zest of 4 lemons and reserve juice from 1. Warm up 1 tblspoon of olive oil with zest add 6 oz of creme fraiche (I think sour cream would substitute ok), pour in juice of one lemon and boil. Add 4 oz parmesan cheese as it thickens, season with pepper and salt and add drained pasta. I added sauteed mushrooms, which made it even better.

I also made a Thai Coconut Red Curry Soup with Shrimp this week, which came out a little watery, probably because I used Lite Coconut Milk instead of regular, so it wasn't very creamy. The revelation, however, was how good Better Than Boullion is. Better Than Bouillon is a paste that comes in Chicken, Beef and Vegetarian flavors. The blogger at Cheap Healthy Good recommend it.(I only found that blog after I named mine.) The Boullion really does add a fantastic taste. And it has tumeric, yay! That's a spice that is supposed to lower risk of Alzheimer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment