Tuesday, December 30, 2008

laboratory results

The day after Christmas, and a 12 hour fast, I had my blood tested. The results came today:

Cholesterol: 204,
HDL, the "good" cholesterol: 33,
LDL, the "bad" cholesterol: 128,
Triglycerides: 214
Glucose: 111
Potassium: 4.1
Thyroid: 2.96
Creainine (kidneys): 0.8

Doctor says, overall things are fine, but that I should take fish oil supplements to raise my "good" cholesterol. HDL should be over 35.

Hmmmm, looking over these results, though, I think I am too high in the "bad" stuff, particularly the triglycerides and the glucose. I have read that diets high in carbohydrates, especially sugar, lead to increases in triglycerides. I am going to work to get those down.

1 comment:

  1. All the walking you do has got to be a protective factor. My doctor is constantly badgering me about getting more exercise!

    ReplyDelete